Girl dies after tasting ‘poisonous’ grass in Central Kashmir

Share:

Girl dies after tasting ‘poisonous’ grass in Central Kashmir’s Kangan

Ganderbal, June 3: There has been an incident of death of a 24-year-old girl after she tasted some leaves of ‘poisonous’ grass in Central Kashmir’s Kanagan area of Ganderbal district.

Local sources said that a girl (name withheld), daughter of late Nazir Ahmed Var was reaping grass to feed her cattle. They said the grass which is locally known as ‘Bota Ghasa’ is usually being reaped to feed the cattle after separating poisonous stuff from it.

The girl after tasting some leaves of the grass started vomiting abruptly. She was taken to Sub-District Hospital Kangan where doctors referred her to SKIMS.

At SKIMS the girl died during afternoon hours. A doctor said that post-mortem is being conducted on the girl to ascertain the real cause of the death.

The girl who is orphan is the resident of Tangdaji Hayen village of Kangan. (KNT)

Join WhatsApp Group Click Here
Join Telegram Group Click Here
Follow on Facebook Click Here
Follow on Instagram Click Here
Follow on Twitter Click Here
Subscribe on YouTube Click Here
Share:

Leave a Comment