Link your PAN Card with Aadhaar before June 30: Steps to link PAN with Aadhaar
The last date to link Aadhaar with Pan Card has been extended till June 30, 2021. Here is a step-by-step guide you can follow to link PAN with Aadhaar.
The previous deadline for linking PAN card with Aadhaar was March 31, 2021, end of the current financial year. However, the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) extended the deadline for linking of Permanent Account Number (PAN) card with the Aadhaar card deadline by three months till June 30, 2021. The decision was taken considering the disruption caused by COVID-19, said the Income Tax Department.
- Using the SMS facility
- Using facility on e-Filing portal https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
You can link your PAN with Aadhaar by the following process:
- First, visit the Income Tax e-filing portal – https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/
- Next, register on it (if not already done).
Note: Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user ID.
- After that, log in by entering the User ID, password and date of birth.
- A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on the Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details such as name date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the PAN details.
- Verify the PAN details on the screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar.
Note: If there is a mismatch, you need to get the same corrected in either of the documents.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN
How to link Aadhaar card to PAN card via SMS
You can link your Aadhaar with PAN via an SMS.
- You will need to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161
- In the text message, you need to type, ‘UIDAI PAN (12digit Aadhaar number) space (10-digit PAN Number)‘
- Finally, tap on send.
However, you can check your PAN Aadhaar link online status by visiting the income tax e-filing website www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
In case, if you are already filing tax returns, chances are there that your PAN is already linked with Aadhaar. If you haven’t done it, then you need to link.