New Delhi. Cooking is done on LPG in most of the households in India. But, do you know that with LPG connection (Gas Cylinder Insurance) you also get insurance for free? Actually, with every gas connection, accidental claim is given by the company. If there is a major accident due to gas cylinder, then you can claim for insurance from the oil company. The special thing is that when you take a new connection, the insurance cover gets added to your connection at the same time.
When Do You Get Insurance Claim?
With gas connection, oil companies give insurance up to Rs 6 lakh. If for any reason there is a major accident due to the gas cylinder in the house, then the information is given to the insurance company on behalf of the oil company. After this the insurance process starts and after the investigation, the insurance claim is given.
Get Insurance Of Lakhs
- If someone dies in the event of an LPG cylinder explosion, the gas company pays Rs 6 lakh per person as compensation.
- If a person is injured in a blast caused by a gas cylinder, then a maximum of Rs 2 lakh is available for his treatment.
- Along with this, if someone’s property is damaged in the blast, then up to Rs 2 lakh is available for this.
How To Make Insurance Claim
- If there is any major accident due to gas cylinder, then first of all you have to go to the police station and register an FIR.
- The distributor will have to inform about the accident along with the copy of the FIR.
- After this, the distributor will prepare its report and send it to the oil company.
- After receiving the report, a team of the insurance company will come and assess the accident on behalf of the oil company.
- Only after the assessment, the team decides the amount of the insurance claim.
- The amount decided by the insurance company will be paid by the oil company, which is sent directly to the distributor.
- The insurance claim amount is then handed over by the distributor to the claiming family.